Would you believe me if I told you that it’s easy to let go of negative feelings? Do you sometimes find that you experience a difficult situation where you make a mistake or have an argument and end up feeling hurt or hurting someone else? Do you find that you can’t seem to stop thinking about it and just let it go? And do you then end up carrying negative feelings of anger, guilt, regret, resentment or whatever around with you like baggage, weighing you down?
It’s possible to consciously let go of negative feelings quickly and easily at any time. It just requires you to recognise that you no longer wish to hold onto them.
7 Steps To Let Go Of Negative Feelings
- Choose a quiet comfortable place to sit where you will be undisturbed.
- Close your eyes and take three long slow deep breaths.
- Take a moment to acknowledge the negative feeling, emotion or situation that you are currently experiencing. Say in your mind, “I am feeling (insert negative feeling here)”.
- Give yourself permission to let go of this feeling. Say in your mind, “I allow myself to release and let go of this (insert negative feeling here)”.
- Visualise this feeling, whatever it is, rising up like a dark smoke from inside your body and evaporating in the air.
- Tell yourself it is done and accept this as your new reality.
- Take three more long, slow deep breaths and open your eyes.
This will release negative feelings on a conscious level and this can sometimes be enough, but if you find these feelings recurring, it’s best to release them on a subconscious level too.
Give it a go and let me know how you get on. I’d love to have your feedback.
Would you like to learn how to let go of negative feelings from your subconscious mind too?
Founder of Heart Mind Happy
I am a certified ThetaHealing® Instructor, life management consultant and a mandala artist. Also certified reiki and Access Bars, I combine these techniques to bring about positive change in your life.
Join me for a one on one consultation or a meditation and mandala workshop and take the first step to changing your life for the better.
“The ThetaHealing® Technique is a meditation training technique utilising a spiritual philosophy for improvement and evolvement of mind, body and spirit.”